Beacon Venture Capital
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
Beacon Venture Capital is the renowned VC, which was created in 2017. The fund is located in Thailand, Asia. Beacon Venture Capital is a CVC is a part of a corporation. The the headquarters of this VC is in Bangkok.
The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. When a start-up has 3 or 4 founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Finance, Accounting. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 4-5 years old to get investment from this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments doesn't coincide - Singapore. Besides this, the fund also invested in 1 other country. GrabTaxi, InstaReM, Ookbee are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund.
In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund typically enters into 2-6 deals annually. In real terms, this VC performs 37 percentage points more exits than other funds.
We also identified another 2 core personnel in our database.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 other investors. Besides Beacon Venture Capital, start-ups are typically funded by Vertex Ventures Southeast Asia & India, Vertex Ventures, Global Founders Capital and 1 more VC. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Y Combinator, Vertex Ventures, SBI Ven Capital. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Yamaha Motor Co.,, Vertex Growth Fund, Tokyo Century.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.4 out of 1
Number of Unicorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $1B]
Number of Decacorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $10B]
Number of Minotaurs [amount of portfolio companies, which raised more then $1B in total]
Funds Investing in Previous
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.