This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, New York
Torch Capital is the renowned VC, which was created in 2018. The fund is located in United States, North America. The main office of this VC is situated in New York.
In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 11 percentage points less exits in comparison to other VCs. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The fund usually participates in 7-12 investment rounds per year.
The fund was established by Jonathan Keidan. We also identified another 2 core personnel in our database.
Also, a start-up has to be aged 4-5 years to expect investment from this fund. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. When a start-up has 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Fitness, Consumer. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 12 more areas of investment. Harness Wealth, Perksy, Housfy are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Besides this, the fund also invested in 1 other country.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 3-4 participants. Besides Torch Capital, start-ups are typically funded by e.ventures, Sound Ventures, PayPal Ventures and 1 more VC. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Sinai Ventures, Vanterra Capital, Umang Dua. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by e.ventures, TPG, NBCUniversal.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: torchcapital.vc; User name format in descending order of probability: first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.2 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.