Sound Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2012. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Los Angeles. The venture was found in North America in United States.
This organization was formed by Guy Oseary. Besides them, we counted 3 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 7-8 partakers. Despite the Sound Ventures, startups are often financed by SV Angel, Thrive Capital, General Catalyst. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Y Combinator, Thrive Capital, SV Angel. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Thrive Capital, Y Combinator, Khosla Ventures.
The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. This Sound Ventures works on 24 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The important activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. When the investment is from Sound Ventures the average startup value is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 11 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Apps, Internet. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Zenefits, Bird Rides, GitLab.
Funds with similar focus
|$15M||13 Jan 2023||Oslo, Norway|
|$18M||29 Nov 2022||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$10M||29 Sep 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$51M||20 Sep 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$7M||15 Sep 2022||Ramat Gan, Tel Aviv, Israel|
|$50M||14 Sep 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$17M||30 Aug 2022||Tel Aviv-Yafo, Tel Aviv District, Israel|
|$130M||23 Aug 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$60M||29 Jun 2022||New York, New York, United States|
– Rose Technology from NYC develops a platform for companies to collect, analyze, and generate revenue from data.
– Series A $5.5m round was led by Portage Ventures with participation from BoxGroup and Sound Ventures.
– The company will use the funds to expand operations and business reach.
– Vouch is an insurance platform for startups.
– Company raised $90M in Series F funding.
– The round was led by Redpoint Ventures, Silicon Valley Bank Capital, Ribbit Capital, Allegis Group, Sound Ventures, and SiriusPoint.
– The new investment will be used to expand the company’s operations and line of insurance products.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.