In 2000 was created Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Investment, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Minato. The company was established in Asia in Japan.
The high activity for fund was in 2019. When the investment is from Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Investment the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. This Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Investment works on 4 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The fund is generally included in less than 2 deals every year. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 13 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Commerce, Retail. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Japan. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Mercari, BizReach, Yoriso.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 partakers. Despite the Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Investment, startups are often financed by Globis Capital Partners, Global Brain Corporation, GMO VenturePartners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Rakuten, Link and Motivation, Global Brain Corporation. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Tokyo University of Science, SMBC Venture Capital, SBI Investment.
Funds with similar focus
|AKQA||England, London, United Kingdom|
|ALiNK Internet||Japan, Tokyo|
|Beijing Opera and Dance Theater||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Chinaleaf Capital||China, Shanghai|
|Cinnober Financial Technology||Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|Critical Path Inc.||California, San Mateo, United States|
|Grayhawk Capital||Arizona, Phoenix, United States|
|Greyhound Capital||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Joint Capital||China, Ningbo, Zhejiang|
|LPC Ventures||California, Los Angeles, United States|
|Minsheng E-commerce||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Nordstjernan||Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|PBX Innovations||Germany, Rheinland-Pfalz, Rhineland-Palatinate|
|Relevant Health||Maryland, Rockville, United States|
|Shanghai Zhongfu Equity Investment Management||China, Shanghai|
|Tianjin JXJ Technologies||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Zhongji Investment||Beijing, China, Fengtai|
|$61M||29 Oct 2021||Fujisawa, Kanagawa Prefecture, Japan|
|$37M||11 Jun 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$26M||19 May 2021||Bunkyo, Japan|
|$23M||13 May 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|28 Apr 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$19M||12 Mar 2021||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$17M||12 Oct 2020||Japan, Chiyoda|
|$11M||16 Sep 2020||Chiyoda, Japan|
|$12M||31 Mar 2020||Japan, Chiyoda|
– Heartseed, a Tokyo-based biotechnology company developing iPSC-derived cardiomyocytes for heart failure (HF), announced it has raised 4 Billion-yen (approx. $37 Million) at Series C round, bringing its total financial backing to 8.2 Billion yen (approx. $75 Million) since its foundation in 2015.
– New investors are UTokyo Innovation Platform Co. (UTokyo IPC), Medical Incubator Japan, Keio Innovation Initiative (KII), and Sumitomo Mitsui Trust Investment. Among the existing investors, SBI Group, Nissay Capital, SMBC Capital, Medipal Holdings, and Itochu Chemical Frontier participated in this round.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.