This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
Serious Change is the renowned Corporate Investor, which was created in 2008.
In comparison with other funds, Serious Change makes 21 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. When Serious Change invests, the average start-up valuation is 1-5 millions dollars. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are most common for this fund. This fund was the most active in 2014. In addition, the fund was active in 2019. In terms of the fund's performance, this Corporate Investor has the average number of exits. The fund typically enters into 2-6 deals annually. We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2019.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 other investors. Besides Serious Change, start-ups are typically funded by Tom Williams, Baltimore Angels, Vulcan Capital and 13 more VCs. The most common co-investors for the fund are Kapor Capital, Tribeca Venture Partners, The Social Entrepreneurs Fund (TSEF) and also 12 different VCs. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Kapor Capital, Techstars Ventures, Impact America Fund, as well as 11 other investors.
Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Mosaic, Maxwell Health, General Compression. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 4-5 years old to get investment from this fund. The fund has a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. If the applying start-up has 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Clean Energy, Finance. In addition, there are 13 more industries where it has achieved success.
This VC was founded by Josh Mailman.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: change.org; User name format in descending order of probability: first last, first, first_initial last, last, first last_initial
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
24.0% of cases
Funds Investing Together
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.