Savannah Fund is the famous VC, which was founded in 2012. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Nairobi. The fund was located in Africa if to be more exact in Kenya.
We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
The average startup value when the investment from Savannah Fund is 100 thousands - 1 million dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 18 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The high activity for fund was in 2013.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 participants. Despite the Savannah Fund, startups are often financed by Yago Arbeloa, TomorrowVentures, Startupbootcamp InsurTech London. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are 500 Startups, Opes Impact Fund, Data Collective DCVC. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by DOB Equity, Safaricom, LGT Lightstone.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Kenya. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Mobile, E-Commerce. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Aerobotics, Sendy, Lidya. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 1 and less years to get the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|Apollo Health Ventures||Berlin, Berlin, Germany|
|BitMax||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|Digital News Ventures (MDIF Fund)||New York, New York, United States|
|Elite Network||Japan, Tokyo|
|Genesys Venture||Canada, Manitoba, Winnipeg|
|Hefei Gaoxin Development & Investment Group Company||Anhui, China, Hefei|
|Melesio Capital||Norway, Oslo|
|RMI||Gauteng, Johannesburg, South Africa|
|SeaLink Capital Partners||India, Maharashtra, Mumbai|
|Sejong Venture Partners||Fort Lee, New Jersey, United States|
|Skywater Capital||Hawaii, Honolulu, United States|
|Southern Funds Group||Houston, Texas, United States|
|Squared Circles||New York, New York, United States|
|Top Fortune Ventures||-|
|Wageningen Business Generator||Gelderland, Netherlands, Wageningen|
|$2M||20 Jun 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$3M||25 Jan 2022||Accra, Ghana|
|$3M||11 Nov 2021||Cape Town, Western Cape, South Africa|
|$200K||01 Sep 2021||Nairobi, Nairobi Area, Kenya|
|$8M||22 Jul 2021||Oakland, California, United States|
|03 Dec 2019||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|$544K||01 Aug 2017||Gauteng|
|01 May 2017||Oakland, California, United States|
|$1M||29 Mar 2017||Lagos, Lagos, Nigeria|
– Ugandan fintech startup Numida is announcing the close of its $2.3m seed round.
– The round was led by Africa-based VC firm Savannah Fund, and joined by other investors including 500 Startups, and angel investors including Y Combinator’s Adora Cheung, and others.
– Numida is tackling the challenge of financial inclusion in East Africa.
– The company offers a digital platform that enables semi-formal micro and small businesses to access credit.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.