This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
Safaricom is a well known and established Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1997. The the headquarters of this Corporate Investor is in Nairobi. The fund is located in Kenya, Africa.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 other investors. Aside from Safaricom, start-ups are often funded by Savannah Fund, Cross Culture Ventures, Yago Arbeloa. The most common co-investors for the fund are Cross Culture Ventures, Alpha Angels, TLcom Capital Partners. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by TLcom Capital Partners, Social Capital, Kapor Capital, as well as 2 other investors.
The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - Kenya. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Education, Information Technology. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund. mSurvey, Sendy are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio.
The fund performance shows that this Corporate Investor achieves 36 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs. The fund generally invests in 2-6 deals every year. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are most common for this fund. The fund's activity peaked in 2016. Additionally, in 2019 the fund was active.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: safaricom.co.ke; User name format in descending order of probability: first last, first_initial last, first, last, last first_initial
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
10.0% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.