Portugal Ventures appeared to be the VC, which was created in 2012. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in Portugal. The main department of described VC is located in the Porto.
Opposing the other organizations, this Portugal Ventures works on 23 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The important activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The average startup value when the investment from Portugal Ventures is 5-10 millions dollars. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The real fund results show that this VC is 0 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Portugal. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Internet, SaaS. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight OutSystems, Perceive3D, GuestU.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 partakers. Despite the Portugal Ventures, startups are often financed by Busy Angels, Rockstart Accelerator, EASME - EU Executive Agency for SMEs. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Faber Ventures, Startup Braga, Ask Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by EASME - EU Executive Agency for SMEs, Techstars, Singtel Innov8.
The current fund was established by Nuno Afonso, Rau0413u0454l Saraiva. The overall number of key employees were 8.
Funds with similar focus
|$1M||08 Sep 2021||Portugal, Lisbon|
|$2M||07 Sep 2021||Portugal, Porto|
|$236K||08 Apr 2021||Portugal, Lisboa|
|$118K||05 Mar 2021||Braga North Portugal|
|$118K||17 Feb 2021||Centro Coimbra Portugal|
|$118K||16 Feb 2021||Portugal Rio Maior Santarém|
|$118K||15 Feb 2021||Lisbon Portugal|
|$118K||01 Feb 2021||Portugal Setúbal|
|$118K||29 Jan 2021||Lisbon Portugal|
– Jscrambler from Porto specializes in cybersecurity products for web and mobile applications.
– Company raised $15m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Ace Capital Partners with participation from existing investors including Portugal Ventures.
– The new investment will be used to augment marketing and sales resources in the U.S. and European markets, as well as strengthen and accelerate the product roadmap to meet current customers’ expanding requirements including an integrated solution that ensures website owners can protect the client-side to secure user data, mitigate fraud and user hijacking, and improve compliance with regulations (GDPR, CCPA, PSD2, HIPAA, PCI DSS, among others).
– Barkyn, a European subscription service for pets, has raised $3m in funding.
– The round was led by Five Seasons Ventures and joined by Indico Capital Partners, All Iron Ventures, Portugal Ventures and Shilling Capital.
– The company plans to use the funds to expand into new markets.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.