This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
EDP Ventures was established in 2008, and is a well known VC. The main office of this VC is situated in Lisbon. This investor is located in Europe, Portugal. EDP Ventures is a CVC is a part of a corporation.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 2-3 others. Besides EDP Ventures, start-ups are typically funded by henQ, AngelPad, hub:raum. The fund often co-invests with Portugal Ventures, Novabase Capital, Inseed Investimentos, overall with 1 fund from our list. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Sapphire Ventures, Oak HC/FT, EASME - EU Executive Agency for SMEs.
The average start-up valuation at the time of investment from EDP Ventures is 1-5 millions dollars. The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The fund's activity peaked in 2018. Additionally, in 2019 the fund was active. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 42 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs.
Feedzai, DefinedCrowd are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments doesn't coincide - United States. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 2-3 years old to get investment from this fund. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Solar, Renewable Energy. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.