Baillie Gifford appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1908. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Edinburgh. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the Baillie Gifford, startups are often financed by Index Ventures, Accel, Tiger Global Management. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Wellington Management, Tiger Global Management, T. Rowe Price. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Fidelity Management and Research Company, Venrock, Tencent Holdings.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The important activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The real fund results show that this VC is 19 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year. The typical startup value when the investment from Baillie Gifford is more than 1 billion dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Baillie Gifford works on 2 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
We also calculated 18 valuable employees in our database.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Meituan-Dianping, Spotify, Airbnb. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Medical, E-Commerce. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund.
Funds with similar focus
|$48M||15 Dec 2022||California, United States|
|$200M||28 Oct 2022||Houston, Texas, United States|
|$150M||25 Oct 2022||Salt Lake City, Utah, United States|
|$105M||13 Jul 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$135M||13 Jun 2022||Washington, United States|
|$260M||21 Apr 2022||Seattle, Washington, United States|
Indiabulls Real Estate
|$113M||12 Apr 2022||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|$805M||06 Apr 2022||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|$654M||05 Apr 2022||Zurich, Zurich, Switzerland|
– Solugen, the company decarbonizing the chemicals industry, announced a Series C financing round of over $350m.
– GIC and Baillie Gifford led the round with participation from Temasek Holdings.
– The latest round of funding will be used to expand Solugen’s Bioforge technology platform, which is used to produce lower-carbon and carbon-negative chemicals & materials for its key customers, and to expand the reach of Solugen’s product portfolio.
– VerSe Innovation, the parent firm of Dailyhunt and Josh, raised $450m funding.
– The round was led by Siguler Guff, Baillie Gifford and others.
– Existing investors Sofina Group, Qatar Investment Authority and BCap participated in the round.
– The startup claimed that Josh has amassed over 115 million monthly active users, 56 million of whom use the app each day. Dailyhunt has amassed over 300 million monthly active users.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.