Business Development Bank of Canada appeared to be the Corporate Investor, which was created in 1944. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the Montru00e9al. The venture was found in North America in Canada.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Business Development Bank of Canada, startups are often financed by Celtic House Venture Partners, MaRS Investment Accelerator Fund, VentureLink LP. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Ventures West, VenGrowth Asset Management, T2C2 Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by VenGrowth Asset Management, Menlo Ventures, Chrysalix Venture Capital.
The overall number of key employees were 17.
Opposing the other organizations, this Business Development Bank of Canada works on 7 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. When the investment is from Business Development Bank of Canada the average startup value is 100-500 millions dollars. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. Considering the real fund results, this Corporate Investor is 3 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The top activity for fund was in 2018. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year.
The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - Canada. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Semiconductor, Manufacturing. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Celator Pharmaceuticals, Assent Compliance, Colubris Networks.
Funds with similar focus
Dynamic Capital Equipment Finance
|$200M||11 May 2022||Kelowna, British Columbia, Canada|
|$214M||22 Feb 2022||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$3M||09 Feb 2022||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
|$21M||08 Feb 2022||Kitchener, Ontario, Canada|
|$119M||01 Feb 2022||Old Toronto, Ontario, Canada|
|$47M||20 Jan 2022||Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada|
|$15M||16 Dec 2021||Waterloo, Ontario, Canada|
|$131M||30 Nov 2021||Burnaby, British Columbia, Canada|
|$1M||23 Nov 2021||Montreal, Quebec, Canada|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.