BNY Mellon is the famous VC, which was founded in 1784. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. BNY Mellon seemed to be an CVC arrangement as part of the organization. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York.
Besides them, we counted 39 critical employees of this fund in our database.
The average startup value when the investment from BNY Mellon is 50-100 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 12 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this BNY Mellon performs on 6 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2016.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 8-9 partakers. Despite the BNY Mellon, startups are often financed by Pivot Investment Partners, Credit Suisse, Primary Venture Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Credit Suisse, BlackRock, Wells Fargo. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by BlackRock, UBS, Societe Generale.
Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Business Development, Financial Services. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Symphony Communication Services Holdings, Fnality International, R3.
|Beijing Qingsong Medical Technology||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Discover Financial Services||Deerfield, Illinois, United States|
|Edison Electric Institute||District of Columbia, United States, Washington|
|Enterworks Acquisition, Inc.||Sterling, United States, Virginia|
|ESA Business Incubation Center Bavaria||-|
|Greenleaf Seed Fund||Missouri, St Louis, United States|
|PieLab Venture Partners||-|
|Tasty Ventures||Austin, Texas, United States|
|$31M||17 Dec 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$100M||30 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|30 Sep 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$310M||27 Jul 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$133M||18 Mar 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$16M||11 Jan 2021||Zug, Switzerland|
|$35M||03 Aug 2020||Jersey City, New Jersey, United States|
|$20M||05 May 2020||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$146M||23 Mar 2020||New York, New York, United States|
– Databricks, a big data analytics software provider, announced that it raised $1.6 billion in a series H financing round led by Counterpoint Global, with participation from BNY Mellon and ClearBridge.
– Andreessen Horowitz, Fidelity Management & Research, and Franklin Templeton also contributed, bringing the company’s total raised to $3.5 billion at a $38 billion post-money valuation.
– Cofounder and CEO Ali Ghodsi says that the capital will be used to support Databricks’ product development, customer adoption, and the evangelization of “data lakehouse.”
– Data lakehouses — a term that came into vogue in 2020 — are data management architectures that combine data lakes, which store structured and unstructured data, with data warehouses, which perform queries and analysis.
– Fireblocks, a cryptocurrency custody company, raised $133m funding.
– The round was led by Coatue, Ribbit and Stripes.
– BNY and Silicon Valley Bank are also participating in the funding round.
– Existing investors Paradigm, Galaxy Digital, Swisscom Ventures, Tenaya Capital and Cyberstarts Ventures are investing once again.
– Overall, Fireblocks has raised $179m since day one.
– The company doesn’t have a consumer-facing product.
– Instead, it sells its products to banks, fintech startups and other financial institutions.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.