United States, San Francisco
#Angels is the renowned VC, which was created in 2015. The primary office of this VC is located in San Francisco. This investor is located in North America, United States.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 7-8 participants. Aside from #Angels, start-ups are often funded by Y Combinator, First Round Capital, Chloe Sladden and 22 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Chloe Sladden, SV Angel, Designer Fund, the total number of co-investors is 24. The investors in the following rounds are usually GV, Y Combinator, Kleiner Perkins, and 37 VCs in total.
The fund typically enters into 2-6 deals annually. #Angels participates, on average, in 21 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. In 2016, the fund's activity was at its peak. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. When #Angels invests, the average start-up valuation is 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The highest number of exits from this fund were in 2019.
Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Coinbase, Gusto, Shape Security. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are E-Commerce, Biotechnology. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 15 more areas of investment. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. If the applying start-up has 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 2-3 years old to get investment from this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 1 other location.
The fund was created by April Underwood, Chloe Sladden, Jana Messerschmidt, Jessica Verrilli, Katie Stanton, Vijaya Gadde. The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 6.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
13.3% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.37 out of 1
Number of Unicorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $1B]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.