The main department of described VC is located in the Mountain View. The venture was found in North America in United States. Volvo Cars Tech Fund appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 partakers. Despite the Volvo Cars Tech Fund, startups are often financed by Sequoia Capital, AngelPad, Ulu Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are W. R. Berkley, Toyota Tsusho, The Westly Group. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Volvo Cars Group, The Westly Group, TRIREC.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Security, Medical Device. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Luminar, Zum, MDGo The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 1 or 3 of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
Considering the real fund results, this VC is 9 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The important activity for fund was in 2019. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
|Assiduity Capital||Amsterdam, Noord-Holland, The Netherlands|
|Astanor Ventures||Belgium, Brussels, Brussels Hoofdstedelijk Gewest|
|Eagle Advisors||New York, New York, United States|
|Galata Business Angels||-|
|Kobalt||New York, New York, United States|
|Magnolia Hi-Fi||Ohio, Richfield, United States|
|The Aarticca Family Trust||-|
|26 Apr 2022||London, England, United Kingdom|
|19 Apr 2022||Israel, Tel Aviv District, Israel|
|$35M||05 Apr 2022||Fribourg, Switzerland|
|$2M||23 Nov 2021||Beersheba, HaDarom, Israel|
|$21M||29 Jul 2021||Minneapolis, Minnesota, United States|
|$19M||10 Jun 2021||London, England, United Kingdom|
|$13M||10 Dec 2020||Israel, North District, Israel|
|08 Dec 2020||Huddinge, Stockholms Lan, Sweden|
|18 Sep 2020||San Francisco, California, United States|
– Niron has raised $21.3M in new financing.
– Volvo Cars Tech Fund and Volta Energy Technologies join existing investors Anzu Partners and the University of Minnesota.
– Niron will use the funding to build its pilot production facility in Minnesota and accelerate the development of its Clean Earth Magnet™ technology.
– Surging global demand for electric vehicles (EVs) and other motorized devices has highlighted global dependency on the unsustainably-produced rare earth materials currently required for the magnets needed in electric drivetrains and motors.
– Niron’s Clean Earth Magnet™ technology, developed from a decade of research, leverages materials science innovations to eliminate the need for rare earth content in magnets. Instead, Niron utilizes some of the most common elements on earth – iron and nitrogen – to deliver better performance and lower costs.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.