This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
Surge Ahead is the renowned Corporate Investor, which was created in 2019.
We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Information Technology, Software. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. Also, a start-up has to be aged 2-3 years to expect investment from this fund. Bulbulshop, Doubtnut, ShopUp are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The fund has an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If the applying start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded.
The most common rounds for this fund are in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. In real terms, this Corporate Investor performs 77 percentage points more exits than other funds. The fund generally invests in 25-48 deals every year.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 3 participants. Aside from Surge Ahead, start-ups are often funded by Omidyar Network, Times Internet, SeedPlus and 1 other fund. The most common co-investors for the fund are Sequoia Capital India, Omidyar Network, Lightspeed Venture Partners and also 2 different VCs. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Sequoia Capital India, Tiger Global Management, RTP Global, as well as 2 other investors.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.