SDIC Venture Capital
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
SDIC Venture Capital is the renowned VC, which was created in 2016.
The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 2.
We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Robotics, Biotechnology. In addition, there are 10 more industries where it has achieved success. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 4-5. Cambricon, MabPlex International, KBP Biosciences are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. When a start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. Besides SDIC Venture Capital, start-ups are typically funded by Yonghua Capital, Oriza Seed Capital (Oriza Yuandian), Cowin Capital and 1 more VC. The fund often co-invests with CMB International Capital Corporation, Suzhou Chengxin Venture Capital, Shenzhen Capital Group, overall with 4 funds from our list. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by CMB International Capital Corporation, 3E Bioventures, VT Ventures.
The average start-up valuation at the time of investment from SDIC Venture Capital is more than 1 billion dollars. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak. The fund typically enters into 2-6 deals annually. In real terms, this VC performs 40 percentage points more exits than other funds.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
87.5% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
26.3% of cases
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.1 out of 1
Number of Unicorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $1B]
Funds Investing in Previous
Funds Investing Together
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.