Owl Ventures is the famous VC, which was founded in 2014. The company was established in North America in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. When the investment is from Owl Ventures the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2020. The high activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 investment rounds annually. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 46 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 participants. Despite the Owl Ventures, startups are often financed by Reach Capital, NewSchools Venture Fund, Thrive Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Reach Capital, Rethink Education, Kapor Capital. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Reach Capital, Chan Zuckerberg Initiative, WomensVCFund.
This organization was formed by Jed Smith, Tory Patterson. The overall number of key employees were 12.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight DreamBox Learning, Degreed, Newsela. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are E-Learning, Internet.
|Wonder Ventures||United States, Santa Monica|
|Upper90||United States, New York|
|Coinbase||United States, San Francisco|
|Equinox Fitness||United States, New York|
|ABC Television||Australia, Sydney|
|Hashkey||China, Hong Kong Island|
|9th Street Investments||United States, Golden|
|Nonami Investments||United States, Atlanta|
|American Equities Overseas||-|
|JATF VI (SINGAPORE)||Singapore, Singapore|
|ZIM Integrated Shipping Services||Israel, Hefa|
|Armonia||United States, Greenwich|
|Angel Physicians Fund||-|
|Lenana Capital||Kenya, Nairobi|
|BITO CAMPUS||Germany, Meisenheim|
|9th Street Investments||-|
|SEB Pension Fund||-|
|$9M||13 Aug 2020||Denmark, Copenhagen|
|$15M||11 Jul 2018||United States, " United States"}|
– Genially, a leading interactive content creation platform, has raised $20M with its latest round of funding.
– Their Series B financing was led by the U.S. venture capital firms 645 Ventures and Owl Ventures and aims to accelerate the company’s goal to set a global standard in content creation.
– They were joined by the European venture capitalists DN Capital and Brighteye Ventures and successful entrepreneurs like s16VC and Kahoot founders.
– This capital injection advances Genially’s place as a leader in interactive content.
– Canvas is a San Francisco, CA-based diversity recruitment platform.
– Series C $50m round brings company valuation to $400m.
– The round was led by Owl Ventures and attracted new investor Sequoia as well as existing investors Lachy Groom, Zoom Apps Fund, HighSage Ventures, BAM Elevate and Fifth Down Capital.
– The new investment will be aimed at expanding the product into other industries and verticals outside of technology, and make new R&D investments to further develop the platform’s insights and recommendation systems.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.