This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
New Zealand, Wellington
Movac was established in 1998, and is a well known VC. The the headquarters of this VC is in Wellington. This investor is located in Australia.
The fund's activity peaked in 2013. Movac participates, on average, in 14 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2017. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 3 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 1-2 other investors. Besides Movac, start-ups are typically funded by Square Peg Capital, Milford Asset Management, Craig Winkler. The most common co-investors for the fund are Valar Ventures, TE Connectivity, Square Peg Capital. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Sparkbox Ventures, Samsung Ventures, Enterprise Angels.
Also, a start-up has to be aged 6-10 years to expect investment from this fund. Timely, PowerbyProxi, Unleashed Software are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. If the applying start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Cloud Computing, SaaS. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - New Zealand.
The fund was established by Phil McCaw.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: movac.co.nz; User name format in descending order of probability: first, first '.' last, first_initial last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
75.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.