This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
New Zealand, Auckland
Ice Angels is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2003. This investor is located in Australia. The main office of this VC is situated in Auckland.
The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 7.
In 2015, the fund's activity was at its peak. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. We recorded the biggest number of exits for this fund in 2007. In terms of the fund's performance, this VC has 9 percentage points less exits when compared to other organizations. Ice Angels is involved in 18 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are most common for this fund. When Ice Angels invests, the average start-up valuation is 1-5 millions dollars.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 other investors. Besides Ice Angels, start-ups are typically funded by Temasek Holdings, TJK NZ LIMITED, Sparkbox Ventures and 4 more VCs. The fund often co-invests with New Zealand Venture Investment Fund, AngelHQ, K1W1, overall with 9 funds from our list. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Telesystem Ltd., Keiretsu Capital, Enterprise Angels, out of 1 investor from our database.
Moreover, a start-up needs to be 4-5 years old to get investment from this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - New Zealand. Besides this, the fund also invested in 2 other countries. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. When a start-up has 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Jasper, Wipster, Cove are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Biotechnology, Information Technology. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
15.8% of cases
Number of Unicorns [amount of portfolio companies, which were valuated at more then $1B]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.