In 2016 was created Medicxi Ventures, which is appeared as VC. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in United Kingdom. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the London.
Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline SutroVax, Diasome, Aura Biosciences Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Biopharma, Genetics. For fund there is no match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low.
The fund was created by David Grainger, Francesco Rubertis, Giuseppe Zocco, Kevin Johnson, Michele Ollier. The overall number of key employees were 11.
The usual things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 54 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The high activity for fund was in 2017. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Opposing the other organizations, this Medicxi Ventures works on 20 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 participants. Despite the Medicxi Ventures, startups are often financed by Ysios Capital, Roche Venture Fund, Longitude Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are RA Capital Management, University of Cambridge Enterprise, OUP (Osage University Partners). In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Silicon Valley Bank, Oberland Capital, Kite Pharma.
|Angel Healthcare Investors||Massachusetts, Newton, United States|
|Ascendas-Singbridge||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|Baylis Medical Company||Canada, Montréal, Quebec|
|BioCrossroads||Indiana, Indianapolis, United States|
|Candela Partners||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Exium Partners||Fairport, New York, United States|
|Just Business||California, San Francisco, United States|
|Liberty Technologies, Inc.||Liberty, Missouri, United States|
|Meiwei Buyongdeng||China, Shanghai|
|New Era Ventures||District of Columbia, United States, Washington|
|Nifco||England, Stockton-on-Tees, United Kingdom|
|Pacific West Bank||Oregon, United States, West Linn|
|Palm Beach Capital||Florida, United States, West Palm Beach|
|PaRan GongCheng||Beijing, Beijing, China|
|Shilan Zichan Guanli||-|
|Sigma Capital Group||City of Edinburgh, Scotland, United Kingdom|
|Velvet Sea Ventures||Delaware, Dover, United States|
|$47M||08 Sep 2021||Nijmegen, Gelderland, Netherlands|
|$70M||31 Aug 2021||Oakland, California, United States|
|$45M||10 Aug 2021||California, United States|
|$35M||20 Jul 2021||Charlottesville, Virginia, United States|
|$15M||10 Jun 2021||Cincinnati, Ohio, United States|
|$80M||22 Mar 2021||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$10M||07 Oct 2020||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
|$20M||25 Sep 2020||Horsham Township, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$85M||10 Jun 2020||Cambridge, Massachusetts, United States|
– Versanis Bio is an Oakland, Calif.-based company established to discover and develop first-in-class medicines that address medical conditions prevalent in older adults.
– The company closed a $70m Series A financing.
– The round was co-led by Atlas Venture and Medicxi with participation from Aditum Bio.
– The company intends to use the funds to advance a comprehensive phase 2 clinical program to evaluate the potential of bimagrumab to help obese patients lose fat and achieve an improved body composition.
– Sydnexis, Inc. completed a $45m Series B financing led by Visionary Ventures, Blue Stem Capital, and SC Master Fund, with participation from existing investors RA Capital Management, Longitude Capital, and Medicxi.
– The financing will be used to fund Sydnexis’ lead candidate, SYD-101, through completion of the fully enrolled pivotal Phase 3 STAAR study for the treatment of progressive myopia in children.
– Sydnexis’ STAAR study is the largest pediatric myopia study globally to investigate the use of low dose atropine to retard progressive myopia. In this study, Sydnexis is evaluating two different concentrations of its proprietary atropine formulation SYD-101 (0.01% and 0.03%) versus a placebo control group.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.