McKinsey & Company
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, San Francisco
McKinsey & Company was established in 1926, and is a well known Corporate Investor. The VC's location is in North America, United States. The primary office of this Corporate Investor is located in San Francisco.
The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 2-3. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund doesn't coincide - India. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 2 other locations. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Machine Learning, Rental. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 11 more industries for this fund. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. When a start-up has 3 founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Bombay Shaving Company, Revv, Axesor Marketing Intelligence are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund.
In real terms, this Corporate Investor performs 9 percentage points more exits than other funds. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are most common for this fund. At the time of investment by McKinsey & Company, a typical start-up valuation would be 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. Along with McKinsey & Company, start-ups are often financed by M12, btov Partners, about:seed GmbH. The most common co-investors for the fund are Subramanian Ramadorai, Revant Bhate, Real Ventures. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually joined by Fireside Ventures, Telama Investment, Sunjay Kapur.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Funds Investing Together
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.