Japan Finance Corporation
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
Japan Finance Corporation is a well known and established Corporate Investor, which was founded in 2008. The main office of this Corporate Investor is situated in Tokyo. The VC's location is in Asia, Japan.
Hacarus, Style Port, AlpacaJapan are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - Japan. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 4-5. The fund has specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. If there are 3 or 5+ founders in the start-up, the probability of getting the investment is low. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified Machine Learning, Health Care. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund.
In terms of the fund's performance, this Corporate Investor has 8 percentage points less exits when compared to other organizations. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. This fund was the most active in 2018. In addition, the fund was active in 2019. The fund usually participates in 7-12 investment rounds per year.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 2-3 participants. Aside from Japan Finance Corporation, start-ups are often funded by ITOCHU Technology Ventures, YJ Capital, SMBC Venture Capital and 15 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Mizuho Corporate Bank, SMBC Venture Capital, Nissay Capital, the total number of co-investors is 11. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Incubate Fund, SMBC Venture Capital, Rohto Pharmaceutical, out of 11 investors from our database.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
4.3% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.