In 2007 was created IGNIA, which is appeared as VC. The company was established in North America in Mexico. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Lomas De Chapultepec.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 partakers. Despite the IGNIA, startups are often financed by Stella Maris Partners, InQlab, RRE Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are InQlab, Elevar Equity, Stella Maris Partners. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by InQlab, AI8 Ventures, Target Global.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - Mexico. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are E-Commerce, Service Industry. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Credijusto, Barared, Kinedu.
The high activity for fund was in 2017. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 28 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The typical startup value when the investment from IGNIA is 100-500 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this IGNIA works on 27 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
The fund was created by Alvaro Rodru00edguez Arregui, Michael Chu. We also calculated 6 valuable employees in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|$7M||20 Sep 2022||Boulder, Colorado, United States|
|$6M||04 Aug 2022||Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico|
|$30M||28 Jun 2022||Mexico City, Mexico|
|$8M||07 Dec 2021||Buenaventura, Valle del Cauca, Colombia|
|$55M||15 Sep 2021||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$43M||20 May 2021||Los Angeles, California, United States|
|$14M||15 Mar 2021||Mexico City, Mexico|
|$30M||13 Oct 2020||São Paulo, São Paulo, Brazil|
|$14M||27 Aug 2020||Mexico City, Mexico|
– Abra has raised $55m in Series C funding. The round was led by IGNIA and Blockchain Capital, with new investors including Kingsway Capital, Tiga Investments and the Stellar Development Foundation.
– The round brings Abra’s total funding to date to over $85m since inception.
– This new round will enable the company to further expand its world-class product team into new offerings for wealth management, trading, and payments; scale its marketing team; and develop the company’s fast-growing high net worth and institutional sales offerings.
– Abra has experienced tremendous growth over the past year. The company’s revenues have increased more than ten-fold, while custody services, Abra Trade and Abra Earn, went from zero to $1bn in AUM, with zero defaults.
– Fondeadora, a fintech startup based in Mexico City and building a challenger bank, has extended its Series A funding round.
– The round was extended by Portag3 and joined by Google’s Gradient Ventures, an existing investor in the company.
– Gokul Rajaram and Anatol von Hahn are investing as business angels as well.
– Y Combinator, Scott Belsky, Sound Ventures, Fintech Collective and Ignia also participated in the first tranche of the Series A.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.