This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, San Francisco
GitHub is a well known and established Corporate Investor, which was founded in 2008. The primary office of this Corporate Investor is located in San Francisco. The fund is located in United States, North America.
Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The fund generally invests in less than 2 deals every year. This fund was the most active in 2019.
The fund was created by Chris Wanstrath, PJ Hyett, Scott Chacon, Tom Preston-Werner.
XWING, Fast Forward are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Industrial Engineering, Education. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 4 more areas of investment. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 2-3 years old to get investment from this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 8 participants. Along with GitHub, start-ups are often financed by Omidyar Network, Google.org, BlackRock as well as 1 other investor. The most common co-investors for the fund are Twilio.org Impact Fund, Patrick Collison, PagerDuty.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: github.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first last, first_initial last, last, first, last first_initial
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.