American Express is the famous Corporate Investor, which was founded in 1850. The company was established in North America in United States. The main department of described Corporate Investor is located in the New York.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Stripe, OpenTable, IZettle. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Software, FinTech. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5-6 participants. Despite the American Express, startups are often financed by Founders Fund, Foundation Capital, Creandum. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Sequoia Capital, Kleiner Perkins, American Express Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Verizon Ventures, TeleSoft Partners, Sofinnova Investments.
The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. Considering the real fund results, this Corporate Investor is 4 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The average startup value when the investment from American Express is more than 1 billion dollars. This American Express works on 6 percentage points more the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The high activity for fund was in 2000. The top amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars.
We also calculated 20 valuable employees in our database.
Junior Achievement USA
|$820K||08 Mar 2023||Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States|
|$12M||02 Nov 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$130K||19 Jan 2021||New Delhi, Delhi, India|
|$55M||17 Sep 2019||Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada|
|$16M||23 Oct 2017||Mountain View, California, United States|
|$17M||11 Sep 2016||Stockholm, Stockholm County, Sweden|
|$100M||31 Jul 2015||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$2M||19 Jan 2015||San Francisco, California, United States|
|20 Mar 2014||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.