This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United Kingdom, London
8 Miles is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2008. The VC's location is in Europe, United Kingdom. The main office of this VC is situated in London.
This VC was founded by Dugald Agble, Emad Barsoum, Hemen Shah, Nathan Mintah.
In 2016, the fund's activity was at its peak. In real terms, this VC performs 55 percentage points more exits than other funds. The fund generally invests in less than 2 deals every year. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are most common for this fund.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 1-2 participants. Besides 8 Miles, start-ups are typically funded by Morgan Stanley, International Finance Corporation. The most common co-investors for the fund are KFW DEG, African Capital Alliance. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by Norfund.
The fund has an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. Also, a start-up has to be aged 11-15 years to expect investment from this fund. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Financial Exchanges, Snack Food. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 8 more areas of investment. Beloxxi, eleni are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments doesn't coincide - Nigeria. However, start-ups from 1 other country can be found in the fund's portfolio.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: 8miles.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first '.' last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
12.5% of cases
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.