This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
South Africa, Cape Town
4Di Capital is a well known and established VC, which was founded in 2009. The VC's location is in Africa, South Africa. The main office of this VC is situated in Cape Town.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 1-2 participants. Aside from 4Di Capital, start-ups are often funded by Startupbootcamp InsurTech London, Startupbootcamp, Savannah Fund. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Savannah Fund, Sanari Capital, Quona Capital. The investors in the following rounds are usually Sanari Capital, Nedbank, Convergence Partners.
Snapt, Aerobotics, FireID are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Business Development, FinTech. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 4-5. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - South Africa. However, start-ups from 1 other country can be found in the fund's portfolio.
The overall number of key employees in the fund's team is 4.
Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. The fund usually participates in less than 2 investment rounds per year. 4Di Capital participates, on average, in 22 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. The fund's activity peaked in 2018. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. In real terms, this VC performs 27 percentage points more exits than other funds.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
75.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
13.3% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.