– Linktree raised $45M in Series B funding co-led by Index Ventures, an investor in Patreon and Discord, and Coatue, an investor in TikTok, with participation from returning investors AirTree Ventures and Insight Partners.
– The funding follows a $10.7M Series A round announced in October 2018.
– Linktree is the rapidly growing social identity layer with more than 12 million users globally, 4 million of whom signed up in the last three months.
– The platform enables brands, artists, publishers, agencies, creators and small businesses to curate an online ecosystem, instantly guiding their audience to the destinations that they care about, without using a search engine or websites as a starting point.
– Airwallex, a fintech company for cross-border businesses, announced that it has added $100m more to its Series D round, bumping its valuation up to $2.6bn.
– The extension was led by Greenoaks, with participation from Grok Ventures and returning investors Skip Capital and ANZi Ventures.
– The new funding will be used for Airwallex’s United States launch in the second quarter of this year, expand its payment coverage to new regions like the Middle East, Africa, Eastern Europe and Latin America, and add more products, including physical cards.
– This latest extension brings Airwallex’s Series D round to $300m, and total equity raised so far to $500m.
– Zeller, a payment and financial services startup, raised $25m in Series A funding.
– The funding was led by Addition, the investment firm founded by former Tiger Global partner Lee Fixel, and included participation from returning investors Square Peg and Apex Capital.
– The startup previously raised a $6.3m AUD (USD $4.9m) seed round in June 2020.
– Zeller was founded last year by Ben Pfisterer, Square’s former Asia Pacific and Australia head, and Dominic Yap, its strategy and growth lead.
– It has made 38 new hires over the past six months, growing its team to 50 people.
– The funding will be used to expand Zeller’s product development and engineering capabilities, marketing and sales, and customer support teams as it prepares for its launch.
– CIBC Innovation Banking is pleased to announce a multi-million dollar growth capital facility for Practice Ignition Pty Ltd.
– The financing will be used to deepen its investment in its proprietary product and technology, and further accelerate its global growth momentum.
– Practice Ignition provides a client engagement platform and front office system of record for accountants and bookkeepers that facilitates proposals, payments and business insights.
– Through one digital signature, Practice Ignition automates dynamic workflows, payment collection, and provides valuable data insights to enhance the customer relationship and drive business growth.
– The Practice Ignition team is building a global platform to optimize every aspect of the accountant and client relationship and transform the way accountants and their clients do business together.
Unicorn Nest news
Unicorn Nest news
– Employment Hero, a human resources platform, raised $45m in Series D funding.
– The round was led by SEEK, with participation from OneVentures and AirTreeVentures, and new investor Salesforce Ventures.
– The company plans to use the funding to expand into new markets including Southeast Asia.
– Lexer, a customer data platform (CDP) that helps retailers gain insights by unifying data from multiple systems and sources, has raised $25.5 million in a series B round led by Blackbird Ventures and King River Capital.
– The raise comes as businesses rush to capitalize on an accelerated digital transition driven by the pandemic, with retailers particularly eager to grow their online sales by better understanding who they’re selling to.
– CDPs such as Lexer are designed to expand the utility of data analytics beyond data scientists to enable anyone, including marketers, to derive key insights from vast swathes of data.
Unicorn Nest news