Soros Fund Management appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1969. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the New York.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Soros Fund Management, startups are often financed by Valor Capital Group, Jefferies, Sternhill Partners. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Jefferies, Sprout Group, Point72 Ventures. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Jefferies, Recharge Capital, Point72 Ventures.
The current fund was established by George Soros. Besides them, we counted 10 critical employees of this fund in our database.
For fund there is a match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Software, Information Services. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Arno Therapeutics, RLX Technologies, Virtru. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little.
The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. Comparing to the other companies, this Soros Fund Management performs on 3 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The typical startup value when the investment from Soros Fund Management is 100-500 millions dollars. The top activity for fund was in 2018. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 1 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars.
Funds with similar focus
|DNS Capital||United States, Chicago|
|SparkLabs Ventures||United States, Palo Alto|
|Nanshan Venture Capital||China, Shenzhen|
|Purple Cow||United States, Brentwood|
|Southern Union Company||United States, Dallas|
|Coastview Capital||United States, Los Angeles|
|National Federation of Agricultural Cooperative Associations||Japan, Chiyoda|
|Edelweiss Tokio Life Insurance||India, Mumbai|
|adMare Bio Innovations||Canada, Vancouver|
|Northland Wealth Management Inc.||Canada, Markham|
|Tongjian Tailite||China, Beijing|
|Xingyu Touzi||China, Jintan|
|Poland Prize Program||-|
|Xinyang Development Investment||China, Xinyang|
|Gansu Xinye Assets Marketing||China, Lanzhou|
|Max Ventures and Industries||India, Noida|
|$100M||02 Jun 2021||United States, New York|
Constellation Automotive Group
|$1B||21 May 2021||United Kingdom, Waverley|
|$53M||25 Mar 2021||United States, New York|
|$2B||19 Jan 2021||United States, " United States"}|
|$200M||15 Oct 2020||United States, " United States"}|
|$2B||10 Jul 2020||United States, " United States"}|
|$13M||28 Apr 2020||United States, Mountain View|
|$3M||01 Jan 2020||United States, New York|
|$50M||17 Jul 2019||United States, New York|
– Jeeves is a NYC-based expense management platform for global startups.
– The company raised $57M in Series B funding at a $500M valuation.
– The Series B round was led by CRV with participation from Tencent, Silicon Valley Bank, Alkeon Capital Management, Soros Fund Management and a key group of angel investors including Kevin Durant, Andre Igoudala, Odell Beckham Jr., The Chainsmokers and the founders of eight unicorn companies — Adolfo Babatz (CEO, Clip), Gabriel Braga (CEO, QuintoAndar), Pierpaolo Barbieri (CEO, Uala), Zac Prince (CEO, BlockFi), Immad Akhund (CEO, Mercury), Pablo Gonzalez (Founder, Bitso), Tom Blomfield (Founder, Monzo Bank), Des Traynor (Founder, Intercom), Bo Jiang (CEO, Lithic).
– The company intends to use the funds to accelerate its launch in Colombia, UK, Europe; scale its proprietary infrastructure to cover more currencies; acquire new talent and accelerate the onboarding of new companies to the platform.
– Ualá, a Buenos Aires, Argentine-based fintech company, raised $350M in Series D funding.
– The round was led by SoftBank Latin America Fund and Tencent with participation from funds managed by Soros Fund Management LLC, funds managed by Goldman Sachs Asset Management, LP, Ribbit Capital, Greyhound Capital, Monashees, Endeavor Catalyst, D1 Capital Partners, 166 2nd, along with angel investors such as Jacqueline Reses and Isaac Lee.
– The company, which reached a valuation of $USD2.45b, intends to use the funds to expand operations, with plans to have a team of 1,500 employees by the end 2021, and its business reach, developing new business verticals, providing innovation and technological development in Latin America.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.