In 2016 was created Sony Innovation Fund, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Tokyo. The fund was located in Asia if to be more exact in Japan. Sony Innovation Fund appeared to be a CVC structure as part of the corporation.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 partakers. Despite the Sony Innovation Fund, startups are often financed by Sparkland Capital, Sierra Ventures, SMBC Venture Capital. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SBI Investment, Intel Capital, Samsung NEXT. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Total Access Fund, Fission Ventures, Strawberry Creek Ventures.
We also calculated 3 valuable employees in our database.
Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Machine Learning, SaaS. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Moreover, a startup needs to be at the age of 4-5 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight AI Medical Service, Sight Machine, Sliver.tv. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - United States.
The top activity for fund was in 2019. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The real fund results show that this VC is 3 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 7-12 deals per year.
Funds with similar focus
|Alliance Healthcare Investment Fund||United States, Scottsdale|
|OMERS Capital Partners||-|
|Dingjin Touzi||China, Shantou|
|Seae Ventures||United States, Boston|
|Impellent Ventures||United States, Rochester|
|Hunan Xingxiang Investment||China, Changsha|
|Weifu Touzi||China, Minhang|
|Chenghe Jiuzhi Touzi||China, Hangzhou|
|Tianming Shuangchuang Technology||China, Zhengzhou|
|Triginta Capital||Germany, Düsseldorf|
|SAIC||United States, McLean|
|Fleet Entertainment Group||China, Beijing|
|Revolution Partners||United States, Memphis|
|New Markets Venture Partners||United States, Fulton|
|$14M||05 Jul 2021||Germany, Munich|
|$10M||28 Jun 2021||United States, Redwood City|
|$30M||02 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$17M||24 May 2021||United States, El Monte|
|$6M||11 May 2021||United States, Bellevue|
Covr Financial Technologies
|29 Apr 2021||United States, Hartford|
|$640M||07 Apr 2021|
Analytical Flavor Systems
|21 Mar 2021||United States, New York|
|$10M||18 Mar 2021||Japan, Chiyoda|
– Truepic, a digital image verification software provider, has raised $26m in a Series B funding round. – The round was led by M12, Microsoft’s venture fund, and joined by Adobe, Sony Innovation Fund, Hearst Ventures and individuals from Stone Point Capital. – The company has raised $36m since its 2015 inception. Read more
– Botrista Technology, a San Francisco CA-based robot-barista company, raised $10M in Series A funding. – The round was led by Purestone Capital and La Kaffa International with participation from Sony Innovation Fund, Middleby Corporation (NASDAQ: MIDD), and PIDC. – The company intends to use the funds to further ramp up deployment operations to roll-out the DrinkBot nationally. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.