In 2015 was created Soma Capital, which is appeared as VC. The main department of described VC is located in the San Francisco. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The common things for fund are deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars. This Soma Capital works on 14 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The typical startup value when the investment from Soma Capital is 5-10 millions dollars. The fund is generally included in 13-24 deals every year. The top activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Soma Capital, startups are often financed by FundersClub, Y Combinator, SGH CAPITAL. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are SV Angel, Paul Buchheit, Wei Guo. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Data Collective DCVC, Andreessen Horowitz, GV.
The overall number of key employees were 2.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are E-Commerce, Transportation. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 1 and less years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Cruise Automation, Lattice, Solugen.
|3M||10 Jun 2021||Mexico, " Mexico"}|
|1M||07 Jun 2021||United Kingdom, Newcastle upon Tyne|
|1M||01 Jun 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|3M||27 May 2021||Chile, " Chile"}|
|5M||24 May 2021|
|2M||22 May 2021||United States, Los Angeles|
|17M||20 May 2021||United States, San Francisco|
|3M||14 May 2021||United Kingdom, Glasgow|
|4M||12 May 2021||United States, Houston|
– Ditto, a startup building software focused on finding a “single source of truth” for copy, raised $1.5m seed round. – The round was led by Greycroft, Y Combinator, Soma Capital, Decent Capital, Twenty Two VC, Holly Liu and Scott Tong. – The company’s founders are Jessica Ouyang and Jolena Ma. Read more
– Portside, an aviation startup, raised $17m funding. – The round was led by Tiger Global Management, with participation from existing investors I2BF Global Ventures and SOMA Capital. – The company offers a single solution for managing the backend of a corporate flight department, charter operation, government fleet and fractional ownership operation. – It is not alone in this market. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.