In 1898 was created Sofina, which is appeared as VC. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Brussels. The fund was located in Europe if to be more exact in Belgium.
The usual cause for the fund is to invest in rounds with 5 partakers. Despite the Sofina, startups are often financed by Tiger Global Management, Sequoia Capital, Accel. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Tiger Global Management, Accel, Tencent Holdings. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sequoia Capital India, RTP Global, Trifecta Capital Advisors.
Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Flipkart, The Hut Group, MissFresh E-Commerce. The fund has no exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. If startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to be financed is low. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 6-10 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Retail, Health Care. For fund there is no match between the location of its establishment and the land of its numerous investments - India.
Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 16 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. Opposing the other organizations, this Sofina works on 5 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2016. The fund is generally included in 2-6 deals every year. The high activity for fund was in 2019. The usual things for fund are deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars. The average startup value when the investment from Sofina is more than 1 billion dollars.
The overall number of key employees were 3.
Funds with similar focus
|$94M||31 Aug 2021||United Kingdom, London|
|$435M||12 Aug 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|$50M||26 Jul 2021||India, Gurugram|
|$82M||20 Apr 2021||Netherlands, Amsterdam|
|$205M||06 Apr 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|$100M||08 Feb 2021||India, Bengaluru|
|$100M||22 Dec 2020||India, Bengaluru|
|$209M||12 May 2020||Indonesia, Jakarta|
|$494K||24 Apr 2020||India, Bengaluru|
– SellerX, a Berlin, Germany-based Amazon FBA aggregator of third-party e-commerce businesses, raised €100 ($118)m in funding. – The round was led by the Growth Fund of L Catterton, with participants from Belgian investment company Sofina, as well as existing investors Cherry Ventures, Felix Capital, and 83North. – The new investment will be used to expand operations and business reach. Read more
– VerSe Innovation, the parent firm of Dailyhunt and Josh, raised $450m funding. – The round was led by Siguler Guff, Baillie Gifford and others. – Existing investors Sofina Group, Qatar Investment Authority and BCap participated in the round. – The startup claimed that Josh has amassed over 115 million monthly active users, 56 million of whom use the app each day. Dailyhunt has amassed over 300 million monthly active users. Read more
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.