This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
South Africa, Cape Town
Prosus Ventures is the renowned VC, which was created in 2015. The primary office of this VC is located in Cape Town. This investor is located in Africa, South Africa. Prosus Ventures is a part of a larger organization.
Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified E-Commerce, Internet. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 6 more industries for this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments doesn't coincide - India. Besides this, the fund also invested in 2 other countries. Also, a start-up has to be aged 2-3 years to expect investment from this fund. Among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund, are Swiggy, ElasticRun. The fund has specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up.
The fund generally invests in 2-6 deals every year. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars. This fund was the most active in 2019. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 47 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs.
Besides the listed founders, we have found 8 key employees of this fund in our database.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 4-5 participants. Besides Prosus Ventures, start-ups are often funded by Meituan-Dianping, Coatue Management, DST Global. The fund often co-invests with Meituan-Dianping, Coatue Management, DST Global. The investors in the following rounds are usually Meituan-Dianping, Norwest Venture Partners, ACCEL (Norwegian Accelerator)
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.13 out of 1
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.