Playground Global is the famous VC, which was founded in 2014. The main office of represented VC is situated in the Palo Alto. The company was established in North America in United States.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 4-5 participants. Despite the Playground Global, startups are often financed by Y Combinator, Matrix Partners, iRobot. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Redpoint, Matrix Partners, Y Combinator. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by General Motors Ventures, Toyota AI Ventures, Redpoint.
The typical startup value when the investment from Playground Global is 50-100 millions dollars. Opposing the other organizations, this Playground Global works on 21 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments. The common things for fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2019. The top activity for fund was in 2018. Speaking about the real fund results, this VC is 38 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other organizations. The fund is generally included in 7-12 deals every year.
The fund has no exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager. Among the most popular fund investment industries, there are Software, Consumer Electronics. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 2-3 years to get the investment from the fund. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Relativity Space, Nauto, Skydio. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
The current fund was established by Andy Rubin, Bruce Leak, Matt Hershenson, Peter Barrett. Besides them, we counted 8 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|AB Accelerator||Amman, Amman, Jordan|
|Adelie||France, Ile-de-France, Paris|
|Bitrise Capital||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|BVGroup||Bern, Gümligen, Switzerland|
|Clare Island Media GmbH||-|
|Crocker Mountain Capital||-|
|Leorsa Innovations||Russian Federation, Saint Petersburg, Saint Petersburg Oblast|
|Luge Capital||Canada, Montréal, Quebec|
|Manchester Venture Partners||England, Manchester, United Kingdom|
|Mousse Partners||New York, New York, United States|
|Powe Capital Management||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Pylon Capital||California, Santa Barbara, United States|
|Shenzhenshi Jiafa Venture Capital||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Shigin Economic Research Institute||-|
|Stadtwerk Winterthur||Switzerland, Winterthur, Zurich|
|Thornton Capital||Kentucky, Louisville, United States|
|Zhejiang Zhuji Intelligent Security Industry Fund||-|
|$45M||01 Jun 2022||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$600M||31 May 2022||Newark, California, United States|
|$150M||22 Apr 2022||Albany, Oregon, United States|
|$44M||20 Apr 2022||Santa Clara, California, United States|
|$37M||14 Feb 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$37M||09 Feb 2022||New York, New York, United States|
|$33M||11 Jan 2022||Phoenix, Arizona, United States|
|$19M||15 Oct 2021||Massachusetts, United States|
|$62M||14 Oct 2021||Los Angeles, California, United States|
– Lacuna Technologies announced a $16m Series A funding round.
– The new funding comes on the heels of $17.5m in seed funding and brings the total investment in Lacuna to $33.5m.
– The round was led by Xplorer Capital Management LLC and also includes Playground Global.
– Lacuna will use the proceeds of the round to expand its product offerings and scale its business to new markets.
– Artificial, a software company providing a first-of-its-kind lab automation platform, announced the close of their $21.5M Series A investment round.
– The round was led by M12, Microsoft’s venture fund, along with Playground Global and AME Cloud Ventures.
– Artificial will use the investment to accelerate product development, expand their world-class team, and further their life science partnerships so that scientific breakthroughs can happen faster and more efficiently.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.