MSD Capital appeared to be the VC, which was created in 1998. The main office of represented VC is situated in the New York. The venture was found in North America in United States.
The top amount of exits for fund were in 2003. The typical startup value when the investment from MSD Capital is more than 1 billion dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 2 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Comparing to the other companies, this MSD Capital performs on 3 percentage points less the average number of lead investments. The high activity for fund was in 2000. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. The fund is constantly included in less than 2 investment rounds annually. Deals in the range of 50 - 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund.
The current fund was established by Glenn Fuhrman, Michael Dell. The overall number of key employees were 9.
The typical case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 participants. Despite the MSD Capital, startups are often financed by Insight Partners, CHL Medical Partners, Morgenthaler Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Insight Partners, Cisco, Morgan Stanley Dean Witter. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Insight Partners, CHL Medical Partners, New Enterprise Associates.
Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 4-5 years to receive the investment from the fund. The fund has no specific favorite in a number of founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Software, Internet. Among the various public portfolio startups of the fund, we may underline Cloudera, Gusto, SparkCognition For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States.
Funds with similar focus
|Ambient Sound Investments||Estonia, Harjumaa, Tallinn|
|Canson Capital Partners||England, London, United Kingdom|
|FountainVest Partners||China, Hong Kong, Hong Kong Island|
|Ground 1 Ventures||England, London, United Kingdom|
|Lantern Capital||Central, Central Region, Singapore|
|Mac Fund||Seoul, Seoul-t'ukpyolsi, South Korea|
|Merck Capital Ventures||New Jersey, United States, Woodcliff Lake|
|Paltel Group||Arkansas, Palestine, United States|
|Shanghai Taitun Investment Management||China, Shanghai|
|Shibolet Capital||Israel, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv District|
|SQN Venture Partners||New York, New York, United States|
|SRB Management||Dallas, Texas, United States|
|Swanlaab Venture Factory||Madrid, Madrid, Spain|
|Technostarters Fonds Zuid-Nederland B.V.||Eindhoven, Noord-Brabant, The Netherlands|
|The Hale Group||Danvers, Massachusetts, United States|
|TransLink||British Columbia, Burnaby, Canada|
|UCL Technology Fund||England, London, United Kingdom|
|$735M||13 Dec 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$235M||13 May 2021||San Diego, California, United States|
|$100M||04 May 2021||Oulu, Oulu, Finland|
|$475M||23 Mar 2021||New York, New York, United States|
|$50M||09 Mar 2021||Miami, Florida, United States|
|19 Dec 2020||Pennsylvania, United States|
|$90M||17 Sep 2020||Massachusetts, United States|
|$30M||20 Apr 2020||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|$100M||08 Oct 2019||Austin, Texas, United States|
– Cue Health Inc. from San Diego closed a $235m financing round.
– The round was led by Perceptive Advisors, MSD Capital, and Koch Strategic Platforms, a subsidiary of Koch Industries, existing investors Johnson & Johnson Innovation – JJDC, Inc. (JJDC), Decheng Capital, Cavu Ventures, ACME Capital, and others.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate growth of the company.
– Dataminr is a real-time information discovery company based in NYC.
– The company closed $475m round of financing at a $4.1b valuation.
– The round was led by Eldridge, Valor Equity Partners, MSD Capital, Reinvent Capital, ArrowMark Partners, IVP, Eden Global, investment funds managed by Morgan Stanley Tactical Value and Lurra Capital.
– The new investment will be used to accelerate the company’s growth.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.