Mizuho Venture Capital
This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
The fund is located in Japan, Asia. Mizuho Venture Capital is a CVC is a part of a corporation. The the headquarters of this VC is in Tokyo.
The fund generally invests in less than 2 deals every year. The most exits for the fund occurred in 2017. The fund's activity peaked in 2018. In addition, the fund was active in 2019. Mizuho Venture Capital participates, on average, in 14 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are most common for this fund.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 3-4 other investors. Aside from Mizuho Venture Capital, start-ups are often funded by Incubate Fund, Walden Venture Capital, SMBC Venture Capital and 4 other funds. The most common co-investors for the fund are Mitsubishi UFJ Capital, Venture Labo Investment Co.,Ltd, Orix Capital Corporation and also 7 different VCs. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by SMBC Venture Capital, Incubate Fund, SBI Investment, out of 4 investors from our database.
The fund has no an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. If the applying start-up has 1 or 3 founders, it is very unlikely that funding will be awarded. Also, a start-up has to be aged 2-3 years to expect investment from this fund. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - Japan. In addition to this location, the fund participated in 1 other location. Among the most popular investment industries for the fund are Market Research, Consulting. However, the fund’s focus is not limited to this, since there are 11 more areas of investment. Mode Media, Joyz, Inc., ticketstreet are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: mizuho.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first_initial last
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
9.7% of cases
Funds Investing Together
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.