This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, Indianapolis
The main office of this Corporate Investor is situated in Indianapolis. This investor is located in North America, United States.
In comparison with other funds, LuminaFoundation makes 20 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. Deals in the range of 1 - 5 millions dollars are most common for this fund. In real terms, this Corporate Investor performs 2 percentage points less exits than other funds. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year. In 2019, the fund's activity was at its peak. The most exits for the fund occurred in 2019.
The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. If there are 5+ founders in the start-up, the probability of getting the investment is low. Civitas Learning, CareAcademy, Viridis Learning are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Also, a start-up has to be aged 4-5 years to expect investment from this fund. Among their most successful investment fields, we have identified SaaS, Education. Also, because of its portfolio diversification tendency, we can highlight 8 more industries for this fund.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 5-6 others. Along with LuminaFoundation, start-ups are often financed by Rethink Education, Techstars, New Markets Venture Partners as well as 11 other investors. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are University Ventures, New Markets Venture Partners, Lion Brothers Company, the total number of co-investors is 5. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by University Ventures, New Markets Venture Partners, Lion Brothers Company, out of 1 investor from our database.
The fund was established by Robert C. Dickeson.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: luminafoundation.org; User name format in descending order of probability: first_initial last, first last, last first_initial, first, first last_initial
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
87.5% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
16.7% of cases
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.