This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, New York
Imaginary Ventures was established in 2018, and is a well known VC. The fund is located in United States, North America. The primary office of this VC is located in New York.
Besides the listed founders, we have found 2 key employees of this fund in our database.
Clare, Masse, Fitplan are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The fund has an exact preference in the amount of founders of companies in its portfolio. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Consumer Goods, Health Care. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The country of its foundation and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. Besides this, the fund also invested in 1 other country. Also, a start-up has to be aged 4-5 years to expect investment from this fund.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 5 others. Besides Imaginary Ventures, start-ups are typically funded by Greycroft, First Round Capital, CircleUp Growth Partners. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are First Round Capital, Maveron, Greycroft, the total number of co-investors is 4. The investors in the following rounds are usually First Round Capital, Maveron, Greycroft, and 4 VCs in total.
The fund generally invests in 2-6 deals every year. In terms of the fund's performance, this VC has 9 percentage points less exits when compared to other organizations. Imaginary Ventures participates, on average, in 18 percentage points less than the average amount of lead investments in other funds. This fund was the most active in 2017. Besides, in 2019 the fund was active. At the time of investment by Imaginary Ventures, a typical start-up valuation would be 10-50 millions dollars. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars. The highest number of exits from this fund were in 2019.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
20.0% of cases
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.3 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.