This summary is composed by our algorithm based on the analysis of the deals. If you think that some of this information is not accurate, please let us know about it and provide any supporting evidences if possible. Such cases will be analyzed by our ML-algorithm and implemented in our database, which will improve this summary.
United States, New York
Bear Ventures was established in 2006, and is a well known VC. The VC's location is in North America, United States. The primary office of this VC is located in New York.
We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Retail, Travel. In addition, there are 7 more industries where it has achieved success. Zkey.com, iExplore are among the most popular portfolio start-ups of the fund. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 1 and less.
Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are most common for this fund. The highest number of exits from this fund were in 2007. The fund typically enters into less than 2 deals annually. The fund performance shows that this VC achieves 40 percentage points more exits in comparison to other VCs. In comparison with other funds, Bear Ventures makes 9 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments.
The fund usually invests in rounds together with 2-3 others. Along with Bear Ventures, start-ups are often financed by Tribune Ventures, Soros Private Equity Partners, National Geographic Ventures. The most common co-investors for the fund are Tribune Ventures, Zone Ventures, William Harris Investors. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by William Harris Investors, Tribune Ventures, Soros Private Equity Partners.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
20.0% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.33 out of 1
Funds Investing in Previous
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.