Altimeter Capital is the famous VC, which was founded in 2008. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the Menlo Park. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Marketplace, Cloud Computing. The fund has exact preference in some founders of portfolio startups. When startup sums 4 or 5+ of the founder, the probability for it to get the investment is little. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Uber, Toutiao, Airbnb. For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup needs to be aged 6-10 years to get the investment from the fund.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the Altimeter Capital, startups are often financed by Redpoint, Sutter Hill Ventures, Andreessen Horowitz. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Redpoint, Tencent Holdings, T. Rowe Price. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Sequoia Capital, T. Rowe Price, General Catalyst.
The real fund results show that this VC is 1 percentage points more often commits exit comparing to other companies. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 investment rounds annually. The top activity for fund was in 2015. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. When the investment is from Altimeter Capital the average startup value is more than 1 billion dollars. Deals in the range of more than 100 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The increased amount of exits for fund were in 2017. Opposing the other organizations, this Altimeter Capital works on 11 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments.
This organization was formed by Brad Gerstner. Besides them, we counted 8 critical employees of this fund in our database.
Funds with similar focus
|Check Point Software Technologies||Israel, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv District|
|Demium Startups||Comunidad Valenciana, Spain, Valencia|
|Dominion Ventures Inc||New Jersey, Stratford, United States|
|Esker||France, Lyon, Rhone-Alpes|
|Global Asset Capital||California, Palo Alto, United States|
|Huimi Investment Management||China, Fujian, Xiamen|
|Inserm Transfert Initiative||France, Ile-de-France, Paris|
|iSGS Investment Works||Chiyoda, Japan|
|Mark Corporation||Chennai, India, Tamil Nadu|
|Muskegon Angels||Michigan, Spring Lake, United States|
|Ofer Hi-Tech||Israel, Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv District|
|Shenzhen Ganxin||China, Guangdong, Shenzhen|
|Strategic Innovation Fund (SIF)||Canada, Kentucky, United States|
|The Conscious Fund||-|
|Velo Partners||England, London, United Kingdom|
|$35M||15 Nov 2022||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|$200M||22 Jun 2022||Munich, Bavaria, Germany|
|$220M||21 Apr 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$250M||09 Feb 2022||Boston, Massachusetts, United States|
|$150M||17 Dec 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$300M||16 Dec 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$60M||29 Nov 2021||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|$100M||17 Nov 2021||San Francisco, California, United States|
|$121M||16 Nov 2021||New York, New York, United States|
– Deel announced $425m Series D funding round taking total amount raised by the company to over $630m.
– The latest funding round values the company at $5.5bn.
– Deel has become the highest valued company in the global hiring, payments, and compliance space with this investment.
– The funding was led by US-based Coatue, with partners Rahul Kishore and Lucas Swisher leading the deal.
– Several new and existing investors also participated in this round, including Altimeter Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, the YC Continuity Fund, Spark Capital, Greenbay Ventures, Neo, and over 40 of the world’s leading operators.
– Deel serves more than 4,500 customers worldwide from names like Coinbase, Intercom and Shopify in over 150 countries.
– FalconX announced a $210m Series C financing round, valuing the company at $3.75bn.
– The round was led by Altimeter Capital, Sapphire Ventures and existing investors B Capital Group and Tiger Global Management, with participation from Mirae Asset. Amex Ventures also increased its existing investment as part of this round.
– FalconX is a digital assets and cryptocurrency financial services company that provides institutions trading, credit, and clearing across major cryptocurrencies.
– FalconX will use the funding from the Series C round to expand its product lines, explore strategic acquisitions, and continue to hire great talent globally, including key executives with backgrounds at the convergence of traditional financial markets, digital assets and technology.
– FalconX was founded in 2016 by a team of ex-Goldman Sachs bankers and technologists.
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.
- No reviews are submitted yet.
Sign up and get access to full fund profile and advanced analysis.