3M New Ventures
United States, Saint Paul
The primary office of this VC is located in Saint Paul. The VC's location is in North America, United States.
Besides the listed founders, we have found 1 key employee of this fund in our database.
In terms of the fund's performance, this VC has 18 percentage points more exits when compared to other organizations. Deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars are most common for this fund. In comparison with other funds, 3M New Ventures makes 15 percentage points less than the average number of lead investments. In 2011, the fund's activity was at its peak. The most exits for the fund occurred in 2018. The fund usually participates in 2-6 investment rounds per year.
We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Medical, Manufacturing. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success. The average start-up age at the time of investment by this fund is 6-10. The country of its establishment and the country of its most frequent investments coincides - United States. However, start-ups from 3 other countries can be found in the fund's portfolio. The fund has no a preferred number of founders for start-ups that it invests in. When a start-up has 4 or 5+ founders, the probability of closing the deal is low. Impel NeuroPharma, Smart Energy Instruments, HydroNovation are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund.
The usual method for the fund is to invest in rounds with 2-3 other investors. Aside from 3M New Ventures, start-ups are often funded by Social Capital, NYSERDA, Alliance of Angels and 4 other funds. Other VCs who often invest in the same rounds are Social Capital, SilverFish, Safeguard Scientifics, the total number of co-investors is 4. In subsequent rounds, the fund is usually supported by venBio Partners, Vivo Capital, NYSERDA, out of 2 investors from our database.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
15.0% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.1 out of 1
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.