United States, Marlborough
The main office of this VC is situated in Marlborough. The fund is located in United States, North America.
At the time of investment by 3Com Ventures, a typical start-up valuation would be 500 millions - 1 billion dollars. The fund generally invests in less than 2 deals every year. 3Com Ventures is involved in 38 percentage points more than the average amount of lead investments when compared with other funds. Typical investments for this fund are deals in the range of 10 - 50 millions dollars. In real terms, this VC performs 3 percentage points less exits than other funds. The fund's activity peaked in 2000. The highest number of exits from this fund were in 2014.
The fund has no specific requirements for the number of founders in a start-up. If there are 4 or 5+ founders in the start-up, the probability of getting the investment is low. The country of its foundation and the country of the most frequent investments for the fund coincides - United States. Corero Network Security, PatientKeeper, MeshNetworks are amongst the various portfolio companies of this fund. Moreover, a start-up needs to be 2-3 years old to get investment from this fund. We can highlight the most popular investment areas for this fund, such as Wireless, Telecommunications. In addition, there are 8 more industries where it has achieved success.
The fund typically invests in rounds with 5-6 participants. Aside from 3Com Ventures, start-ups are often funded by Intel Capital, Innovacom, Benchmark and 10 other funds. The fund often co-invests with Innovacom, Intel Capital, Benchmark, overall with 1 fund from our list. The investors in the following rounds are usually New Enterprise Associates, JK&B Capital, Investor Growth Capital Limited, and 16 VCs in total.
Mail Rule [rules by which you can get an email of an interesting for you fund employee, knowing only the name and surname of this employee]
Domain name: hpe.com; User name format in descending order of probability: first_initial last, first last, last, last first_initial, first
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
80.0% of cases
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
8.3% of cases
Average Multiplicator [the average ratio of the last valuation of portfolio startups to their total amount of financing raised]
Average Portfolio Company
Exit Age [the average age of portfolio startups at which they go public or become acquired]
Success / Strategy Similarity
Index [the matching between fund's investment strategy and its proved successes in the form of portfolio startups high valuations]
0.1 out of 1
Funds Investing in Following
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.