United States, San Francisco
1517 Fund is the famous VC, which was founded in 2015. The leading representative office of defined VC is situated in the San Francisco. The fund was located in North America if to be more exact in United States.
The higher amount of exits for fund were in 2018. The average startup value when the investment from 1517 Fund is 1-5 millions dollars. The real fund results show that this VC is 17 percentage points less often commits exit comparing to other companies. Deals in the range of 5 - 10 millions dollars are the general things for fund. The important activity for fund was in 2016. Despite it in 2019 the fund had an activity. This 1517 Fund works on 26 percentage points less the average amount of lead investments comparing to the other organizations. The fund is constantly included in 2-6 deals per year.
This organization was formed by Danielle Strachman, Michael Gibson. The overall number of key employees were 2.
The standard case for the fund is to invest in rounds with 6-7 partakers. Despite the 1517 Fund, startups are often financed by Techstars, Social Starts, Rough Draft Ventures. The meaningful sponsors for the fund in investment in the same round are Techstars, Social Starts, Invariantes Fund. In the next rounds fund is usually obtained by Social Starts, Invariantes Fund, WME Ventures.
For fund there is a match between the country of its foundation and the country of its the most frequent investments - United States. Besides, a startup requires to be at the age of 2-3 years to receive the investment from the fund. Among the most successful fund investment fields, there are Biotechnology, Artificial Intelligence. Among the most popular portfolio startups of the fund, we may highlight Luminar, Aura Health, Revlo. The fund has exact preference in a number of founders of portfolio startups. In case when startup counts 5+ of the founder, the chance for it to get the investment is meager.
Group Appearance [how often fund is operating separately from groups with shared interest]
100.0% of cases
Investments per Year [average amount of rounds in which fund participates each year]
Follow-on Index [how often fund is ready to support its portfolio startup at next rounds]
6.7% of cases
By posting comments on our website you confirm and acknowledge that:
1. You post comments at your own choice and risk. You bear the whole responsibility,related to their substance, content and the fact of publication. We shall not bear anyliability in respect of such comments.
2. While commenting, you shall use only actual, truthful and confirmed data. In thesame time you shall not use vulgar, abusive or defamatory language as well as expresshatred or call to violence or cruelty.
3. We do not intend to delete any comments on the website unless within our “noticeand take down” procedure.
4. We can moderate comments at any time.
6. We retain our right to delete any comment or any other content of the website at ourwill in case we know or suppose such content is illegal or breaches any lawful right.