– Japanese space startup Gitai has raised a $17.1m funding round.
– The round was led by SPARX Innovation for the Future Co. Ltd, and includes funding form DcI Venture Growth Fund, the Dai-ichi Life Insurance Company, and EP-GB (Epson’s venture investment arm).
Unicorn Nest news
– YBVR secured $1.5M in financing from Verizon Ventures, TCA and Wayra (Telefonica).
– The funding will be used to advance the company’s technology, build its team and further key partnerships.
– With 360-degree streaming, YBVR’s video platform significantly enhances the virtual viewing experience.
– Currently used to broadcast events such as Australian Open 2021 in Melbourne, Fan Controlled Football Season 2021 in Atlanta, and Euroleague Basketball F4 in Cologne, Germany, YBVR provides a fully immersive viewing experience for sports fans and concert goers across the world using any connected device.
– Ultra-low latency allows for viewers to simultaneously select from various camera angles for a personalized spectator experience.
– YBVR is able to provide instantaneous streaming through deployment on a previously announced AWS Wavelength with Verizon’s 5G Ultra Wideband network.
Unicorn Nest news
– Labster secured $60m in Series C funding.
– The round was led by new investor Andreessen Horowitz, joined by existing investors GGV Capital, Owl Ventures, Balderton Capital, David Helgason, founder of Unity Technologies, Northzone, Swisscom Ventures, and EduCapital.
– The round brings Labster’s total capital raised to $100m.
– Labster is the award-winning producer of virtual laboratory simulations.
– The latest round of capital will enable Labster to focus on growing the size of its global team to serve students around the world.
– Currently in 70+ countries, Labster has already put together an ambitious roadmap for expansion, and is now hiring across all major teams such as engineering, product, sales and customer success.