LANGUAGE I/O RAISES $5 MILLION; Female Co-Founders Position for Expansion with Venture Capital Funding and Innovative Software Solution
– Language I/O announced it has raised $5m in funding.
– This is significant as the company was bootstrapped since 2015, except for a $500k seed round in October 2016.
– Bob Davoli and Bruce Clarke co-led the round, and were joined by other investors including Omega Venture Partners, Michael Wilens, Tom Axbey and Eric Schnadig.
– Golden Seeds participated in the original seed round as well as this latest round of funding.
– Davoli and Axbey will join the Language I/O board of directors along with the two co-founders of Language I/O, CEO Heather Morgan Shoemaker and CBO Kaarina Kvaavik.
Electric raises $40 million for IT platform that gives businesses real-time insights and tech support
– Electric provides real-time IT support to businesses, alongside insights and data on its customers’ IT infrastructure.
– The company today announced it has raised $40 million in a series C round of funding led by Greenspring Associates.
– Founded out of New York in 2016, Electric offers chat-based IT support integrated directly into Slack or Microsoft Teams, with employees able to access technical support from Electric’s 100-plus team within 10 minutes.
– Requests range from password reset support and access to files or folders to troubleshooting network connections and hardware glitches or ordering a new mouse and keyboard.
– In addition to providing IT support, Electric’s platform, which it calls Turbine, gives companies visibility into all their IT support needs though data and analytics that show the volume of requests by type, time period, person, and more.