BlocPower Raises $63 Million Series A to Green Urban Buildings and Creates Innovative Financing Solution Alongside the Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group
– BlocPower announced a $63m Series A round.
– The round was led by American Family Insurance Institute for Corporate and Social Impact, AccelR8 and The Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group.
– To date, the company has raised $68m from early anchor investors, including Kapor Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, MaC Venture Capital, Exelon, New York Ventures of the Empire State Development Corporation, Echoing Green, and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
– The funding will enable BlocPower to expand and scale its inner-city energy retrofit projects across the U.S., create green jobs, improve quality of life for urban residents and save the planet.
– The company will soon offer Environmental Justice Impact Green Bonds to other institutional investors to help finance BlocPower’s future green retrofit projects.