Unicorn Nest news
– Arcadia, the climate-crisis-fighting technology company unlocking nationwide access to energy data and renewables, announced a $100m Series D funding round led by Tiger Global Management and the Drawdown Fund with participation from new investors Wellington Management, Reimagined Ventures (the family office of Alec Litowitz, founder of Magnetar Capital), Camber Creek, MCJ Collective, and existing investors Energy Impact Partners, G2 Venture Partners, Inclusive Capital, and BoxGroup.
– Combined with the Company’s previously undisclosed $21m Series C-1 in December 2020, Arcadia has now raised $180m in total funding.
– The new round of capital will be used to accelerate Arcadia’s technology roadmap, expanding product capabilities across new verticals including electric vehicles and distributed energy resources to catalyze innovation in the sector, making renewables accessible and affordable for all.
Nexamp Secures $680 Million Investment to Advance Its Mission of Making Energy Clean, Simple and Accessible
– Nexamp secured a $240m equity investment led by Generate Capital.
– Nexamp also recently raised $440m in debt financing, bringing its total new funding to $680m.
– The new funding will accelerate Nexamp’s ability to offer a flexible range of decarbonization options for customers, expanding its position as a leading clean energy solutions provider.
Unicorn Nest news
– Ambri from Marlborough, Massachusetts develops a new, long-duration battery technology that will enable widespread use of renewable energy sources, reduce electricity costs, and enable power systems to operate efficiently.
– The company raised $144m in Series C round.
– The round was led by strategic investors Reliance New Energy Solar Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Reliance Industries Limited, Paulson & Co. Inc., and includes Ambri’s largest shareholder, Bill Gates, new investors, Fortistar, Goehring & Rozencwajg Associates, Japan Energy Fund and others.
– The company intends to use the funds to commercialize and grow its daily cycling, long-duration system technology, and to build a domestic manufacturing facility.
Unicorn Nest news
Heliogen Raises $108 Million to Advance New Non-Intermittent Renewable Energy Technology for Heat, Power, and Green Hydrogen
Heliogen, a company behind turnkey concentrated solar energy system Sunlight Refinery™, recently closed $83 million in funding. This corporate round comes after $25 million Round A in April 2020. Among the new investors in Heliogen are steel and mining company ArcelorMittal, scientific startup-focused venture capital firm Prime Movers Lab, Canada-based venture capital fund Ocgrow Ventures, a private investment group specializing in ESG investments A.T. Gekko, Edison International, 8090 Partners, Gordon Crawford, and Rashaun Williams.
This renewable energy technology company aims towards a sustainable future and focuses on eliminating the need for fossil fuels. Its AI-powered Sunlight Refinery system provides high-temperature, carbon-free thermal energy by precisely aligning an array of mirrors to reflect sunlight to a single target with unprecedented accuracy. This energy is enough to power Rio Tinto’s borates mine’s industrial processes, where Heliogen will deploy its proprietary technology, while reducing carbon emissions at the site.
The company was created at technology incubator Idealab and won the Energy category in 2020 World Changing Ideas Award in April 2020.
– Aurora Solar, a solar power company, raised $250m funding.
– The round was led by Coatue and with participation from previous investors ICONIQ, Energize Ventures and Fifth Wall, allows the company to go both broad and deep with their product.
– The company plans to use the funding to expand its software platform.
– Ubiquitous Energy has secured a strategic equity investment of $8M from ENEOS Holdings.
– The investment from ENEOS represents an initial close of Ubiquitous Energy’s Series B financing round and will help support the company’s go-to-market strategy and production efforts.
– Ubiquitous Energy is focused on developing new ways to reduce humanity’s carbon footprint by seamlessly integrating solar technology into everyday products and surfaces, without aesthetic compromises.
– ENEOS has a portfolio that reduces carbon dioxide emissions and have begun investing substantial resources behind their smart city and renewable energy strategies.
– Ubiquitous Energy and ENEOS will pioneer the cultivation of an accessible low-carbon and renewables-oriented society.
– Greentech start-up Zolar receives a new investment and adds 10 million euro to the ongoing Series B funding round, raising the total investment of this series to 35 million euro.
– The new investment is lead by Energy Impact Partners, the biggest investor in the energy sector with offices in the USA and Europe headed by its managing partner Matthias Dill.
– Existing investors continue to support Zolar in the Series B.
– With the additional resources, the start-up sets the course for the expansion as a next generation green energy company, focusing on sustainable energy production and integral use of solar energy in private households.
– Zolar as a consumer brand, is placing customers at the center of energy production, and is driven by its mission of climate protection as a top business priority.
– VEIR, a company developing a new approach to using High Temperature Superconductors (HTS) for electricity transmission, today announced $10 million in Series A financing and debuted a new architecture for high-voltage superconducting transmission lines to transform the grid.
– The company’s Series A investment was led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures (BEV), with participation from existing investor Congruent Ventures and new investor The Engine.
– The financing brings the company’s total funding to date to more than $12 million.
– With the expected growth of electric vehicles and the rest of the economy shifting to electric power from fossil fuels, we will need extremely large amounts of new renewable energy and a correlating amount of transmission.
Unicorn Nest news
– Veir Raises $10M in Series A Funding.
– The round was led by Breakthrough Energy Ventures (BEV), with participation from existing investor Congruent Ventures and new investor The Engine.
– The company intends to use the new capital to scale its team, hiring technical talent in the cryogenic and energy industries, as well as operational and sales staff to support commercial development, begin to develop and test the critical subsystems required to deploy its product to the transmission grid and establish a physical development site in Massachusetts.
Unicorn Nest news
– Malta, a pioneer in long-duration energy storage, has raised $50M in a Series B round of funding.
– The financing was led by integrated energy group Proman with participation from new investor Dustin Moskovitz and existing investors Alfa Laval and Breakthrough Energy Ventures.
– Malta is a provider of industrial-grade, grid-scale energy storage solutions.
BlocPower Raises $63 Million Series A to Green Urban Buildings and Creates Innovative Financing Solution Alongside the Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group
– BlocPower announced a $63m Series A round.
– The round was led by American Family Insurance Institute for Corporate and Social Impact, AccelR8 and The Goldman Sachs Urban Investment Group.
– To date, the company has raised $68m from early anchor investors, including Kapor Capital, Andreessen Horowitz, MaC Venture Capital, Exelon, New York Ventures of the Empire State Development Corporation, Echoing Green, and The Schmidt Family Foundation.
– The funding will enable BlocPower to expand and scale its inner-city energy retrofit projects across the U.S., create green jobs, improve quality of life for urban residents and save the planet.
– The company will soon offer Environmental Justice Impact Green Bonds to other institutional investors to help finance BlocPower’s future green retrofit projects.