– Hubilo, a platform that helps businesses of all sizes host virtual and hybrid events and gain access to real-time data and analytics, has raised $23.5 million in a series A round led by Lightspeed Venture Partners.
– The round saw participation from the U.K.’s Balderton Capital and Microsoft chair John W. Thompson, among other angel investors.
– The investment comes as people around the world prepare for a semblance of normality after a year of pandemic-induced social distancing.
– But while physical events will likely return in some form in the next year, online events are widely expected to stay — either exclusively or as part of a hybrid format.
Unicorn Nest news
– Prophecy.io today announced it has raised $6.75 million from SignalFire and MuleSoft founder Ross Mason at a post-money valuation of $30 million.
– The company says the funds, which come as it launches a software-as-a-service (SaaS) version of its product, will be put toward expanding its customer base and hiring new workers.
– It’s estimated that most data scientists spend only 20% of their time on actual data analysis and 80% of their time finding, cleaning, and reorganizing huge amounts of data.
– Despite the fact that investments in big data and AI now exceed $50 million for over 50% of companies, according to a 2019 NewVantage Partners survey, the percentage of firms identifying themselves as data-driven has declined in each of the past three years.
– Plume, a mesh-Wi-Fi platform, raised $270m funding.
– The round was led by Insight Partners and values the company at $1.35 billion.
– The company has deals in place with some 170 carriers around the globe that provide residential broadband services, reselling Plume’s mesh technology as a way to improve home Wi-Fi connectivity.
Platform9 Raises Additional Series-D Funding Led by WRVI Capital, Reports 145% YoY Growth In SaaS Managed Kubernetes
– Platform9 raised an additional $12.5m Series D funding for a total of $37.5m.
– The round was led by WRVI Capital, with participation from all existing venture investors including NGP Capital, Mubadala Ventures, Canvas Ventures, Menlo Ventures, and Redpoint Ventures.
– Platform9 also reported an industry-leading NPS (Net Promoter Score) of 71 and a customer satisfaction score of 99% for 2020.
– The company’s Managed Kubernetes deployments have become a critical part of many large-scale and complex 5G infrastructure roll outs, hybrid cloud containers-as-a-service, and Edge use cases in the retail, media, and entertainment market segments.
Unicorn Nest news
– Commercial office space planning startup Saltmine today announced that it raised $20 million and formed a strategic partnership with real estate firm JLL.
– Saltmine, whose customers include Snowflake, Fidelity, and Workday, says it plans to put the funding toward advancing its platform and expanding its global workforce.
– The shift to working from home and financial headwinds have companies reevaluating the need for physical office space.
– Even before the pandemic, U.S. Commercial Real Estate Services estimated unused commercial property in the U.S. is worth about $1 trillion.
– In August, Capital Markets reported that direct commercial sales of real estate fell 29% globally to $321 billion in the first six months of 2020 year-over-year.
Flueid Secures Series A Funding Led by Aquiline Technology Growth to Empower the Digital Mortgage Lifecycle
– Flueid secures $15m Series A funding led by Aquiline Technology Growth.
– Flueid is the only independent digital solution to enable immediate certainty for title insurability, backed by a choice of underwriters, at the start of the loan lifecycle, empowering customers to take control and streamline their workflow.
– Flueid’s technology delivers instant transparency that mitigates and measurably reduces risk for all parties involved in the transaction thanks to scalability that delivers a defense against the ebb and flow of cyclical real estate markets thereby also solving a huge industry challenge: the time and difficulty associated with closing real estate transactions.
Unicorn Nest news
– CloudTalk, a Bratislava, Slovakia-based startup that offers cloud call center software-as-a-service, raised €6m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by henQ and joined by Point Nine Capital.
– The company intends to use the funds to expand its marketing, sales and product development efforts to new regions.
– CloudTalk provides a SaaS based call center software platform to customers from over 80 countries.
– The company has a team of 57 people.
– Ally, a goal-setting collaboration software, raised $50m funding.
– The round was led by Green Oaks Capital, Tiger Global, and Madrona Venture Group.
– Total funding to date is $76m since the company’s launch in 2018 and two previous rounds raised in 2019.
– The company helps companies track and hit their goals, or Objectives and Key Results (OKR).
– Customers include brands such as Dropbox, Nike, Overstock.com and others.
Unicorn Nest news
– AccountsIQ, a London, UK- and Dublin, Ireland based provider of a Financial Management Software (FMS) platform for mid-market SMEs with multiple subsidiaries, branches and locations, secured €5.8M in funding.
– The company will use the funds to continue to expand operations and its business reach.
– Botco.ai closed a $2.2m seed funding round.
– The round was led by Stout Street Capital and included participation from Sterling Road, PHX Ventures and Arizona Tech Investors.
– Botco.ai is an AI-powered marketing automation solution that facilitates meaningful and intelligent conversations between providers and consumers at scale.
– Botco.ai will use the capital for product development, including integrations with electronic health record systems and marketing automation platforms.
– Botco.ai is the first company funded out of Stout Street Capital‘s UNMET Conferences, a mission-driven company determined to attract venture capital investment to underserved regions of the US, and the UNMET Founders conference last year.