– Toronto-based Peak Power (Peak) today announced that it has closed funding from The Atmospheric Fund (TAF), representing the fifth investor in Peak’s capital funding round.
– TAF will join Sensata Technologies, Export Development Canada (EDC), BDC Capital, and Hatch/Canadian Shield as a strategic investor in Peak.
– TAF brings to the round their focus on carbon emissions reduction, as they have a mandate to advance local solutions to climate change through high impact investments.
– Their contribution aligns with Peak’s commitment to decarbonize energy, the built environment, and mobility through enabling intelligent energy in smart cities.
Fidelity Leads $81M Investment in Enevate to Accelerate Commercialization of Fast-Charging Electric Vehicle Battery Technology
– Enevate announced that it has secured a $81M Series E funding led by Fidelity Management & Research Company, providing the company with additional new resources aimed at accelerating global mass adoption of Enevate’s unique battery technology in electric vehicles.
– Existing investors, Mission Ventures and Infinite Potential Technologies, also participated in the round.
– The funding will enable Enevate to significantly expand its pre-production line designed to guide EV and other battery customers toward implementing larger-scale battery manufacturing utilizing Enevate’s silicon anode-based batteries.
– The funding would also enable Enevate to scale and grow. Included will be the hiring of additional personnel with an emphasis on scientists and engineers.
– With this latest funding round, Enevate has raised $191 million to date.