Singapore-based Raena gets $9M Series A for its pivot to skincare and beauty-focused social commerce
– Raena, a social commerce startup, raised $9m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Alpha Wave Incubation and Alpha JWC Ventures, with participation from AC Ventures and returning investors Beenext, Beenos and Strive.
– The company plans to use the funding to expand its catalog of products and enter new markets.
– Munich-based startup everdrop raised €18m in Series A funding.
– The round was led by Felix Capital, with participation from HV Capital and Vorwerk Ventures.
– The company plans to develop a wider range of sustainable household products and market them across Europe, and eventually the U.S.
Unicorn Nest news
– Valoreo, a Mexico City-based acquirer of e-commerce businesses, announced that it has raised $50m of equity and debt financing in a seed funding round.
– The round was led by Upper90, FJ Labs, Angel Ventures, Presight Capital and a slew of angel investors.
– The company aims to invest in, operate and scale e-commerce brands as part of its self-described mission “to bring better products at more affordable prices” to the Latin American consumer.
Unicorn Nest news
– Thrasio is a private equity firm that invests in Amazon FBA businesses.
– The company raised $750m in equity funding.
– The round was led by Oaktree and Advent, and followed by Thrasio’s January debt financing.
– The company plans to use the funding to accelerate its acquisition activities in the Amazon FBA ecosystem.
talkshoplive® Raises a $3 Million Seed Round from Spero Ventures to Scale the TSL Livestream “Shopatainment” Network
– Talkshoplive® announced that it has closed a $3m round of financing led by Spero Ventures LLC.
– The financing will accelerate the expansion of talkshoplive product management and technical teams, meet increased demand from sellers and customers, and scale the network worldwide.
– talkshoplive is a livestream commerce network and app with patent pending technology that allows transactions to be processed within an embeddable video player anywhere it exists.
– talkshoplive is home to more than 3,000 small businesses that are actively using the talkshoplive network to connect with and sell to customers.
– With talkshoplive, buying and selling has never been more interactive or entertaining.
– Talkshoplive entertainment and publishing partners include ReaderLink, Harper Collins, Penguin Random House, Simon & Schuster, Macmillan, Universal Music Group and Ingram Entertainment.