LiveRamp Commits $15 Million in Cash Reserves with Financial Institutions to Support Underserved Communities
– LiveRamp has banked $15m in cash reserves to financial institutions supporting historically underserved communities.
– The lack of access to financial resources and services negatively impacts a continuously widening wealth gap in the US, which has disproportionately affected minority and Black communities.
– LiveRamp is in a fortunate position to be able to prioritize a more diverse approach to its banking relationships as part of its larger efforts around diversity, inclusion and belonging.
– Striving for positive change at scale, LiveRamp is proud to partner with these institutions and leverage the power of data to deliver better economic and social outcomes for all.
– LiveRamp partners with OneUnited Bank to address the financial literacy gap within the Black community.
– BrandMaker announced a strategic investment from Rubicon Technology Partners.
– Rubicon Technology Partners is a leading private equity firm based in Boulder, Colo., that is focused exclusively on investing in and growing enterprise software companies.
– The investment will accelerate BrandMaker’s global growth strategy, particularly in North America, through continued product innovation, go-to-market expansion, and pursuit of acquisition opportunities.
– BrandMaker brings much needed collaboration, visibility and agility to marketing operations, and the ability to manage, measure and continually improve marketing return-on-investment.
– BrandMaker’s award-winning SaaS platform solves the complexity of marketing operations by removing silos and providing seamless marketing operations orchestration.
Unicorn Nest news
– Abound, an online marketplace that helps independent retailers stock their shelves with new products from up-and-coming brands, is announcing that it has raised $22.9 million in its first institutional round of funding.
– The startup actually began as a community connecting manufacturer’s representatives and retailers, but Shope said the team “kept seeing the limits of that model,” while some retailers were asking to buy from the brands directly. So the team decided to support that experience, starting out by recruiting 50 brands with an offer of free consulting — as long as they were willing to be one of the brands on the marketplace when it launched in October 2019.
unybrands Launches E-Commerce Platform To Acquire & Maximize Growth Potential for Online Brands, Closes $25M Seed Funding Round
– unybrands is a new integrated platform for e-commerce businesses looking to scale their operations on and off Amazon.
– unybrands acquires, integrates, manages and grows high-quality e-commerce assets–turning them into long-term successful brands.
– unybrands has already completed its first acquisitions and closed a $25M equity seed funding round from investors including Nordstar, DIA Management, Nathan Blecharczyk of Airbnb, 166 2nd Financial Services, Day One Ventures, Brian McGrath of Jefferies, Benvolio Group and more.
– Operating at the sweet spot of disruptive online marketplace growth and consumers’ exploding demand for micro-brands, unybrands specializes in buying, building and boosting Amazon as well as DTC online brands to ensure long-term success.
Unicorn Nest news
– Thrasio is a private equity firm that invests in Amazon FBA businesses.
– The company raised $750m in equity funding.
– The round was led by Oaktree and Advent, and followed by Thrasio’s January debt financing.
– The company plans to use the funding to accelerate its acquisition activities in the Amazon FBA ecosystem.